A blog is a regularly updated website or web page, usually run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style. Many persons are already tired asking how they can have their own blog and start making their own money. Some are afraid of what it may cost while others are thinking of rigorous processes involved in creating a blog. I know you must fall in any of these groups. However, in whichever group you may belong, your wondering days are over. This article is prepared to teach you how to create a blog for free and make money on your own.
How To A Blog For Free
If you really want to know how to create a free blog and publish your passions in your own way, without delay kindly on your internet connect or data connection and follow the easy and simple steps below.
Step 1: Proceed to blogger official website at www.blogger.com
STEP 2. At the middle of the homepage, you will see a create your blog button. Click on that button.
STEP 3. On the next page, enter your email address and then click on Next. Thus, if you don’t have a google account, endeavor to create one.
STEP 4. Enter your Gmail Account password on the next page and hit on the Next button.
STEP 5. However, if you are a first time user, an option will be shown for you to use the identity from your Blogger profile.
Here, you need to be properly guided.
- First of all, you need to add a title and then select your preferred blog domain name. Remember to choose a short domain name which will be relevant to your blog topic.
- Do not use your personal name as the domain name, I recommend you use some generic domain name that you can brand later with a specific custom domain.
- Again, select a suitable blog template to give it your preferred color (this can be changed at anytime)
- Finally, click on Create Blog and your free blog will be ready.
STEP 6. Now that your free blog is ready, you can write posts and add pages. You can as well change the layout and upload a new theme to give it any color of your choice.
Interestingly, the most important thing to do at this point is to first of all change your blog’s template. To do this however, you can edit HTML otherwise you can use a third party blog template. Ordinarily, you can select from the numerous blog templates available version charge free.
You may as well get the premium version on the third party website. Also, you can get it by downloading and installing same. Practically, if you want to install the third party template kindly click on Backup/Restore button on the right side corner of the page.
For free download of Premium Version of Blogger Template
- You can Browse download XML file and then click on the Upload button.
- Ideally, if you want to change Layout just click on Layout. You can as well add an icon, header and even add or remove the gadget if you so wish.
STEP 7. Click on Setting to optimize your blog
Basic features to be added after creating your blog
In furtherance of this article, it is my interest show you that it is not only to just create a free blog. After the creation, to test youself on how to create a free blog and make money, you must do the following.
- You can add or Change your Blog Title. You can add or change your blog title at will. Meanwhile, being able to add and change your blog title correctly is a clear evidence that you real know how to create and manage a free blog on blogger.com.
- You can add a description. Adding a description to your blogger blog enables search engines and readers to know what your blog is all about. Moreover, this can be set by selecting the basic settings option under the main settings panel.
- Again, to get a free SSL certificate, choose HTTPS redirect Yes.
Posts, Comments, and Sharing of Articles.
You can choose any Posts, Comments, and Sharing option of your choice through the settings. More importantly, the right choice could influence the number of visitors to your blog.
Languages and Formatting.
You can set up your language and Time format.
- Add Custom Page Not found
Through this when a visitor enters your website through a URL that no longer exists, a notification will automatically be sent to him notifying him that the page is no longer in h. However, You can through the notification direct him on what do next.
2. Add Description
Also, for easy understanding, you can write a concise summary of what your blog is all about. Indeed, this will appear on search engines and will attract readers to your blog.
3. Add Robots.txt.
Robots.txt is a webmasters text file created to instruct web robots on how to crawl pages on their website. However, this file is part of the robots exclusion protocol (REP), a group of web standards that regulate how robots crawl the web, access and index content, and serve that content up to users. Nevertheless, the robots exclusion protocol also includes directives like meta robots and page subdirectory, or even site-wide instructions for how search engines should treat links either to “follow” or “no follow”.
4. Custom Redirects
A visitor who links to your page and it happens that you have deleted that particular page or the link which is no longer in existence, this option can be used to redirect such a visitor to another page. Thus, that could be preferably your homepage URL.
Setup Other Fields in Your Free Blog.
You can set up your Blogger user profile and language or edit same where necessary.
STEP 8. Add Pages
- Add About us page. This page describes you in the blogging business and what your blog is about.
STEP 9. Write your Post
Click Post and select New Post
- Enter your Post title and content.
- Give the Label Name of your post
- Again, set up a unique Permanent address on your free blog.
- Enter your Search Description.
- Finally, hit on Options and choose reader comments to allow or disallow same.
Though the explanation here is very clear, if you have any question or contribution on how to create a blog for free and make money, kindly use the comment box below.